Try clearing your browser cache and the cookies:
The Safari browser–cookies:
- Click the Safari and then the Preferences
- Select the Privacy tab from the option given there
- Click the Remove all the website data
- Then Click ‘Remove Now’
Then Clearing the cache:
- Click the Preferences option from there
- Select the Advanced tab from the options given there
- Tick the Show Develop menu in menu bar
- Click the Develop (it’ll have just appeared in the menu bar at the top there)
- then Click Empty caches
Or try using these following mentions steps in order to mend the problem, with your browser freezing every time you access your Facebook account-
- Log in to your Facebook account
- Then Click the lock icon at the top
- Then Click on ‘See More Settings’
- After that, click on the Security option
- Then Click on “Where You’re Logged In”
- Then Click on “End all activity”
This should kill all the active sessions which are being opening by you in your device. Now the ads or the other trackers will track only the current active session. Then lesser load on browser and hence no freezing will be irritating you at all.
Try using the following steps to get rid of their problem
Firstly check if the issue appears in the ‘Safe mode with Networking’:
Also Note that when at the advanced boot options select Safe mode with networking there.
If the issue doesn’t get operated in the Safe Mode with Networking, then perform a ‘Clean Boot’ to check if any third party application is causing the issue there, as Clean Boot helps in eliminating the software conflicts.
Then Put the computer in ‘Clean Boot’ and then check if it helps.
By setting your system in the Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or the startup items are causing the issue.
How to perform a ‘Clean Boot to troubleshoot a problem’ in Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8
Note that: After Clean Boot troubleshooting step, then refer to “How to reset the computer to start as usual, after the troubleshooting with the Clean Boot” from the article.